Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter hangover














Ugh! Easter has come and gone. Harrison thoroughly enjoyed his first eggie hunts, eggie painting, and eggie treats but I am happy to be done with the insane amounts of sugar and unnecessary family drama. Brian was really happy to get out and hit the links this weekend. We went to the Club for their Easter egg hunt on Saturday and brought Bobbi and Acky Alex.


















We made our way to the mall and rode the Easter train but would not go near the Bunny. That thing was tapping his foot like he was coming down off something. Later in the day, all the neighbor kids came over (triplets, Garrett) along with my mom, Eddie and the girls and we hung in the backyard doing bubbles. Harrison didn't have a nap that day and previously went to bed at 10:30, so we were hoping to tire him out for a good nights rest before the big hunt on Easter morning. It worked! He was up at the crack of dawn and ready to search for eggs which Krystal and I had hidden the night before (as she watched her fake school baby=HILARIOUS). He kept screatching "EGGIES!" and immediately opened up each egg and ate it's contents for the first 10 or so he found. It was insane! Shots out of each egg shell until I finally made him stop. The sugar crash ended early so he went down for an early nap at 11. In the afternoon, I went through some of my maternity gear to get it ready for ebay auction! We'll see how much I get for those cute little numbers. That being said, we had a great weekend and Harrison will happily have Easter treats everyday for the next month.















Today was back to normal...Monday's are often the longest day of the week for me. Brian goes back to work and I get to readjust to our regular schedule around the house. Today was actually pretty peaceful for a Monday! It was terribly rainy and cold, so we just hunkered down and watced a lot of cartoons and I read magazines. Bad mommy? Perhaps! We also ate a lot of carbs. I think Harrison had a banana, fruit snacks, cinnamon toast, rice krispie treats, chickadees, triscuits, cheese, cereal and to finish, cheesy rice. I swear that this poor child will weigh 200 pounds by age 5. Good thing he's crazy active and won't stop moving except when he sleeps. :)


Now I'm in for a nice evening of watching The Hills. Babe is sleeping, hubby is sleeping. It's peaceful here in the Elliott household and I'm going to enjoy the quiet.



No comments:

Post a Comment